My name is Lakisha Russell-Coleman and I am a Mortgage Loan Office and a Vice President of the Mortgage Lending Division for Home Federal Bank in Louisiana. For nine of my past thirteen years in mortgage lending, I have considered myself a Loan Officer with a specialty in CRA (Community Reinvestment Act) as I have a talent for assisting buyers in need of financing.
My purpose is to demonstrate how banks work to equally and effectively meet the credit needs of the greater community, including low-to-moderate income neighborhoods.I take pride in educating potential home buyers about down payment assistance programs and guide them through the application process.
The City of Shreveport (Happi Program) gives first time homebuyers up to $10,000 for the purchase of a home in certain targeted revitalization areas. The Federal Home Loan Bank “HELP” (Home Equity Leverage Partnership) Fund gives qualified buyers up to $5,000-$7,000 for a down payment; the Louisiana Housing Corporation Bond Assistance programs assist with 3% to 4% for down payment; and the newer Mortgage Credit Certificate Program is a tax credit where qualified buyers can get a tax credit of up to $2,000 on their tax returns each year that they file taxes while they own the home.
I strive to continually familiarize myself with new mortgage loan programs as they become available in order to better educate buyers about various down payment assistance programs best suited to their needs. I whole-heartedly believe that everyone deserves to realize the dream of homeownership, which is why I am a steadfast advocate for the implementation of credit rehabilitation programs in conjunction with financial literacy education. I love knowing I’ve helped so many clients achieve homeownership when they though it impossible.
Achieving the “American dream” of homeownership should be attainable to everyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, and age. I am the mother of three wonderful boys (Derel,16; Jordan, 11; and Gavin, 9) who have bright futures ahead of them, and the values that shape my professional integrity are the very same that I instill within them: honesty, trust, service, and the respect of all peoples.
· 2010 and 2011 Chairmans Club ranking no. 60 out of 600 loan officers
· 2011 and 2012 Top Loan Originator for Northwest Louisiana for Louisiana Housing corporation
· Currently closing an average of 12 loans a month including loans that incur down payment
· Currently working on the project called Homeownership for all
· 2016-2017 President of the Louisiana Mortgage Lenders Association
· 2015-2016 Vice President of the Louisiana Mortgage Lenders Association
· 2016-2017 President of the National Association of Real Estate Brokers
· Board member for the Regions Diversity Committee
· Teach monthly homeownership classes and workshops locally, parish and statewide
Other memberships, Achievements and Awards Publications
· Recognized on KSLA America saves week
· Recognized on KTBS for helping a family receive Help funds
· Recognized by LHC for Top Loan Originator for bond loans monthly